casa milà was built for roser segimón and her husband pere milà. roser segimón was the wealthy widow of josep guardiola, an indiano or americano, or former colonist returned from south america, had made his fortune with a coffee plantation in guatemala.
barnton quarry is a disused stone quarry in corstorphine hill, clermiston, edinburgh, scotland.the site was later used as a military command centre, and is now being converted into a museum. stone was extracted from the quarry until 1914.
stowe nine churches is a civil parish . the ironstone quarry ceased operation in 1877 but the limestone quarry continued until 1900,the stone being taken on the tramway to limekilns next to the railway at nether heyford. it was re-opened much later both for burning lime at new kilns next to the quarry and for use as building stone. the stone was taken away by road vehicles. eleven and a half .
107–109 george street, the rocks is a heritage-listed restaurant and former retail building, residence and bakery located at 107–109 george street, in the inner city sydney suburb of the rocks in the city of sydney local government area of new south wales, australia.it was built during 1860. it is also known as rockpool restaurant former ; and william blue dining.
in response to fletcher building's planned housing development on the oruarangi bloc, the protest group soul led by pania newton set up camp beside ihumātao quarry road on 4 november 2016. this camp, which became known as kaitiaki village, numbered twenty individuals with participants sleeping in caravans, sheds, tents, and an empty boat.
the neary quarry, operated as neary rock quarry, inc., by george h. neary jr. and ethyl neary, was a gravel pit and rock quarry in santa clara county, california, around which the town of los altos hills incorporated. neary quarry is now a lake formed by damming hale creek, on private property of a homeowners' association in the quarry hills development of luxury homes.
coarse grained stone was used for furnace lining and from these were hewn the stone boxes used in the cementation process of steelmaking. in 1860 the following are named as quarry owners in grenoside - thomas beever, george broadhead, george firth, thomas lint, joseph swift and charles uttley.
rubble masonry is rough, unhewn building stone set in mortar, but not laid in regular courses. it may appear as the outer surface of a wall or may fill the core of a wall which is faced with unit masonry such as brick or cut stone.. see also. snecked masonry - masonry made of mixed sizes of stone but in regular courses.; gallery
styles of indo-saracenic, renaissance, corinthian, hindu, indo-greek and indo-british style palaces were built in mysore, the city of palaces. sikh architecture at bidar 1512 and also in bangalore in 1956 can also be cited as having an impact on the architectural composition of the state.
this includes major areas of continuing, modern quarrying. according to marble.com, in 2016 there were 276 quarries producing natural stone in 34 states, and states producing the most granite were texas, massachusetts, indiana, wisconsin, and georgia. the term 'quarry' refers also to sites producing aggregate,.