the marble cliff quarry co., headquartered in upper arlington, ohio, operated the largest limestone quarry in the united states from its opening in the mid-19th century until its sale in approximately 1985.. the influential kaufman family of the columbus area owned and operated this 2,000-acre 8.1 km 2 plus of property, plus other mines and quarries in the united states and canada.
industry. nearby is an old limestone quarry currently owned by lafarge formerly known as blue circle .extraction of limestone from the quarry, for use in the magheramorne cement plant, ceased in 1980. the high point for limestone extraction at magheramorne was in the 19th and 20th centuries.
hopton wood stone sometimes hopton-wood stone or hoptonwood stone is a type of limestone quarried west of middleton-by-wirksworth, derbyshire, england. described as 'very fine, almost like marble' and as 'england’s premier decorative stone', it is particularly suited to carving, making it popular for tombstones including many thousands for the commonwealth war graves commission .
this is intended to be a complete list of properties and districts listed on the national register of historic places in orleans county, new york.the locations of national register properties and districts at least for all showing latitude and longitude coordinates below may be seen in a map by clicking on 'map of all coordinates'.
the estádio do restelo is a multi-purpose stadium in lisbon, portugal.the stadium has a capacity of 19,856 people and was built in 1956, in an old stone quarry. it is situated behind the jerónimos monastery in the lisbon parish of belém.. it is currently used mostly for football matches, by first division club clube de futebol os belenenses, but also stages musical performances.
the standing stones of stenness is a neolithic monument five miles northeast of stromness on the mainland of orkney, scotland. this may be the oldest henge site in the british isles. various traditions associated with the stones survived into the modern era and they form part of the heart of neolithic orkney world heritage site.
the disused john's hole quarry at stone was used as a filming location for the mine scenes in the doctor who television story the dalek invasion of earth. this was the first of many quarries to be used in the series. stone crossing railway station is located on the north kent line. stone has a village cricket team that was established in 1888.
the 'old stone barracks' is the last remaining structure of a proposed quadrangle of early u.s. army barracks built at plattsburgh, new york in 1838.of the four main buildings initially planned for the plattsburgh post, only two were ever constructed, an officer's barracks and an enlisted barracks which formed an 'l' shape.
this is intended to be a complete list of properties and districts listed and one formerly listed on the national register of historic places in the town and village of rhinebeck, new york, including in the hamlet of rhinecliff.the locations of national register properties and districts at least for all showing latitude and longitude coordinates below may be seen in an online map by .
stancliffe hall was bought in 1854 and again built, of stone, by the engineer joseph whitworth in the tudor style. he and his wife moved into the hall in 1870 when whitworth had largely retired and was using his energies to direct the quarrying of stone from whitworths quarry.