lahey's canungra sawmill is a heritage-listed former . the mill was rebuilt after major fires in 1897 and 1906 and modernised with new milling equipment and updates to processing techniques were made regularly. the mill and all associated equipment, infrastructure and timber stands were finally sold by the lahey's in 1921. the mill changed hands twice more in 1923 and 1933 as the viability .
early gasworks, from 1812, used samuel clegg's 'wet lime' purification process which produced large quantities of blue billy. a later 'dry lime' process was developed, using moist hydrated lime, in part to avoid the problem of disposing of the blue billy waste. this process produced a waste known as 'foul lime'.
the mill produces both rough-sawn and planed lumber from locally harvested trees, and the adjoining box factory originally produced packing crates for fruit growers, but now produces decorative boxes for a variety of customers, and gift items for sale at the mill. it was listed on the national register of historic places in 2002.
portland cement clinker was first made in 1825 in a modified form of the traditional static lime kiln. the basic, egg-cup shaped lime kiln was provided with a conical or beehive shaped extension to increase draught and thus obtain the higher temperature needed to make cement clinker. for nearly half a century, this design, and minor .
the limehouse cut is a largely strht, broad canal in the east end of london, england, which linked the lower reaches of the lee navigation to the river thames.opening on 17 september 1770, and widened for two-way traffic by 1777, it is the oldest canal in the london area. although short, it has a diverse social and industrial history.