the lion monument german: löwendenkmal , or the lion of lucerne, is a rock relief in lucerne, switzerland, designed by bertel thorvaldsen and hewn in 1820–21 by lukas ahorn. it commemorates the swiss guards who were massacred in 1792 during the french revolution, when revolutionaries stormed the tuileries palace in paris.it is one of the most famous monuments in switzerland, visited .
the nyero rock paintings are located in eastern uganda in kumi district, 8 km 5.0 mi west of kumi town, about 250 km 155.3 mi from the capital city kampala.the nyero rock paintings are among the most important rock art in uganda
description. most haul trucks have a two-axle design, but two well-known models from the 1970s, the 350t titan and 235t wabco 3200/b, had three axles. haul truck capacities range from 40 short tons 36 long tons; 36 t to 496 short tons 443 long tons; 450 t .
the quarry is owned by the haida who have the sole right to use the substance from that quarry for carving. today argillite carvings are sold in galleries and fine art stores and take on a more traditional haida forms. haida artists have been carving the black slate of the island of haida gwaii for several hundred years. from its conception .
dulcote quarry is a disused limestone quarry at dulcote, near wells on the mendip hills, somerset, england.the quarry measures around 600 metres 2,000 ft from west to east and around 350 metres 1,150 ft from north to south, with an area of 18 acres 7.3 ha , which is surrounded by 80 acres 32 ha of woodland.
argillite / ˈ ɑːr dʒ ɪ l aɪ t / is a fine-grained sedimentary rock composed predominantly of indurated clay particles. argillaceous rocks are basically lithified muds and oozes.they contain variable amounts of silt-sized particles.the argillites grade into shale when the fissile layering typical of shale is developed. another name for poorly lithified argillites is mudstone.
the majority of the stonework is that known locally as 'draycott marble', a dolomitic conglomerate with a pronounced pinkish tinge, that was quarried quite close by at draycott quarry. notable interior features are the stained glass east windows, the fine wrought-iron rood screen 1894 , and the neo-norman font by william burges.
aberllefenni quarry is the collective name of three slate quarries, foel grochan, hen gloddfa also known as hen chwarel and ceunant ddu, located in cwm hengae, just to the west of aberllefenni, gwynedd, north wales.it was the longest continually operated slate mine in the world until its closure in 2003. foel grochan is the quarry on the north side of the valley, facing ceunant ddu and hen .
in 1858, following the death of joseph ellis ii, his sons james and joseph joined with breedon everard to lease the bardon quarries belonging to robert jacomb-hood ii of bardon hall. those quarries, now known as bardon hills, are still active under the management of aggregate industries, and the nearby bardon hall is the company's headquarters.